8/13/2017

Explore for Creative Embellishments & Mixed Media & Art challenge

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying your summer and have had some time to play in the pool, visit a lake or my favorite go to the Beach.

With my teens, it is getting harder to get them to pose for pictures now, so I've been having fun looking at old vacation pictures. About 8 years ago, we went to Virginia Beach and the waves were super high. I have this beautiful picture of my boys and my husband daring to go into the waves. I thought it would make an awesome layout.


This 7 Dots Studio paper I felt was perfect for a beach themed page. I started by adding some layers of details with stencils (Anchor, letters & lines). I love the texture it gives to the back of the page.
I covered my chipboard with black gesso, then played with my Finnabair Waxes. I just love how simple they are to use and the details that it can bring. I played with 4 colors (Metallic wax Brushed Iron & White Gold, Antique Brilliance Mystic Turquoise and Opal Magic Wax Turquoise Satin) You can see the details of the waxed on my close up pictures below, my favorite is the seahorse, it came out perfectly.
I added some sequins to give it some light:
On the grunge frame, I only played with the Brushed Iron:
For added texture I included some paper die-cut greens, some straw and cotton cheese:
Products used on this page are:


**********************************

Now there is this wonderful monthly challenge over on the Mixed Media & Art blog. I am taking the opportunity to make this my first participation in those challenges.

Challenge board



Now I did not have turtles on hand, but the seahorses I believe would qualify in this challenge as well as the blue altering of the chipboards.

I hope you like my take on your challenge !

I wish everyone a wonderful day !


3 comments:

talkis23 said...

Superbe création je suis en amour merci de ta participation. xxxx

wiosanka said...

Fantastic layout, I just love it!
Thank You for joining us at Mixed Media & Art :-)

Paper Attic said...

Beautiful page, you captured the ocean mood perfectly! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!