1/01/2018

More than Words January challenge

Happy New Year everyone !

Time to get our crafty resolutions in gear and start having fun with the More Than Words blog challenge.

It's an exciting day as this is my very first project as part of the More Than Words Design team member for 2018. I hope you'll enjoy my take on the challenge and join in on the fun.

My test subject for this project, my friend's beautiful daughter Lauren.


This month, a fun theme: LINK
Word Inspiration - BIRTHDAY
Creative Challenge - TAGS


On my part, BIRTHDAY inspired me with celebrating your very 1st birthday. Lauren has a smash the cake style photoshoot to celebrate her very first birthday. Oh how I wish that concept had existed when my boys where that age. I love the softness of the picture and wanted to capture that in my creation.

TAGS: Are they not just so versatile and easy to use on our layouts? To ensure I had the right tones, I opted to make my 3 tags using my dies and using papers for the same collection.

A bit of twine for the top of the TAG and voila, instant decorative element.


I am a big fan of flairs, and this Cuts2luv butterfly flair was just perfect:


I love when the paper vendors also make word stickers, this paper collection from Kaisercraft had the perfect Happy Birthday for this page.


Light embossing of butterflies and some added water coloring with my Lindy's stains gives this layout the softness that I was looking for.


Flowers, a Cuts2luv flair, a butterfly cluster and voila, all done.


Products used on this page are:

  • Paper: Kaisercraft Sage & Grace collection pack
  • Lindy's Pop-Rock Purple & Brathwurst embossing powders
  • Lindy's Magnolia Magenta Gold Spray
  • Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios
  • Flairs: Cuts2luv
  • Stamp: Penny Black Playful & Stampendous Butterfly trio



I hope you enjoyed my take on the challenge,  I wish you a wonderful day and a more fabulous 2018 to come.

France xxx






No comments: