2/21/2017

Love - Creative Embellishments page

Good morning bloggers, it's my turn to share with you another Creative Embellishments project. As you will see, I am still in the February LOVE mood, I truly enjoy traveling, each place has something special and I enjoy capturing theses memories on my craft pages.
 
Last fall we visited Portugal, and a good friend of mine recommended that we stay a few days in Sintra. I just fell in Love with that area of Portugal. The city itself is not huge, but has many UNESCO  historical sites. One of my favorites sites was the visit to Pena Palace. My husband will say that once you've seen a Palace, you've seen them all, but in this case we saw something completely different. The most stunning part of Pena Palace was the colorfull exterior walls. Bright yellow, deep red, silver & charcoal grey with touches of metalic green, just amazing. The Palace is just AMAZING with gorgeous views of the region.
 
 
 
On this image, I was able to capture the shimmer of the metallic paint on the chipboard. On the top and bottom of the page, I cut a small frame un half and added them on seperate sections of my page. Then all you need to add are some flowers, thread and some tags for the final touch. I wanted to highlight the colors of the Palace, so working off this white letter press background was ideal. I was able to add some bright yellow water-coloring in the background and used the chipboards to highlight the red element in the castle.
 
 
Because this place is timeless, I wanted to add one of the clock chipies. I used the 6 inch model for my page. I coated this one with white Gesso then covered it with Finnabair metallic paint. I rarely use 4 x 6 pictures on my page, but felt that it was the only format that would truly show the stunning details of this image.  Hidden under my flower montage is one of the flourishes chipboards, this one I chose to emboss with Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder Cafe au Lait, it matches perfectly the color of the grayish bricks of the Palace. I always try to match the elements with the colors of my image.

 
The Creative Embellishments elements used on this page are the following:
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my page, thanks for stopping by !


 

No comments: