9/19/2016

September challenges at Blue Fern Studios and More than Words

Had a wonderful crafty day with my friends on saturday, so hard to believe that it's mid September already. I am still in the mood for crafting my beach scenes. Still many beautiful pictures of Cuba that I want to put on paper.
 
For this page I was inspired by 2 challenges: Blue Fern Studios & More than Words:
 
Let's start with the Blue Fern Studio challenge that you can find here: September challenge
 
I love the color combination, the images of the beach, the flowers and the seashells.
 
 
I used a few of my most recent pieces: Doily chipboard, the By the Sea chipboard, the seashell chipboards, the flowers and my background paper.
 
 
I also recently acquired my 1st Blue Fern Studio embossing powder, and I just love it. It's perfect sandy beige color with just the perfect amount of shimmer.
 
 
Link to embossing powder: Oatmeal
 
Here is the beautiful image moodboard for inspiration:
 
 
**************************
 
My next entry for this page is for the September challenge at More than Words. This month the team used a Recipe challenge with the word Delight.
 
My option of the 2 was to use the Art Recipe. On my page you will find:
Die-cut leaves
3 Badges from Cuts2Luv
Flowers
Mists from Lindy's Spray Gang
 
The link to the challenge: Delight & Recipe
 
Now for the Delight part... Well, when I hear the word delight, I also think about Joy, or what makes me Happy. This is what Delight means to me, and trust whan I say that spending time with my family is just that... Many moments of Delight. As my boys are getting older, every moment is more and more important in my heart because pretty soon, they will be young adults and I know I will have less and less time with them.
 
One of the flair buttons also has a beautiful french saying: Apprécier les bon moments: This means appreciate the good moments... Isn't it just perfect ???
 
 
 
I have this frame in our living room that I use to place my family pages. This is how on a daily level, I get to remember the moments we have shared together.
 

Now everyday, I can see and remember this delightful event. Do you showcase your work in your home?

Thanks to both teams for the inspiration. Hope you enjoyed my take on your challenges.
 
Photobucket

11 comments:

Nicole Doiron said...

Super beautiful sea-inspired layout! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

Di Garling said...

Another fabulous creation France. Love everything you have done here, from the pic to the design and all those embellishments look fabulous. A great interpretation of our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us again at More Than Words.

Rachael Funnell said...

Your layout is & looks FANTASTIC displayed in that frame...
I too like to display my layouts in frames in our living room!
Thanks for playing along over @ more Than Words...

Helen Hapsi said...

Excellent page !!! I so so love it, well done !! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !!

Nupur said...

Super gorgeous creation…love the detailing…I love nautical theme…wow…amazing….Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !!

Heather said...

beautiful!

Heather McMahon said...

This is wonderful - a perfectly balanced page and the colours are gorgeous. So thanks much for joining us at More Than Words.

ValerieOuelletScrapbooking said...

Trop jolie ta page! J'aime beaucoup les couleurs xx merci pour ta participation .

Scraps of Elegance said...

This is stunning! Your details are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your art with us at More Than Words this month.

langeatheart said...

Fabulous page! You really knocked this challenge out of the park! Well done! All the best from MTW! :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout! Love all of the Blue Fern products you incorporated. Thanks for joining us at Blue Fern Studios!