7/17/2016

13Arts Challenge #44

 

Challenge #44 - "Dare To Be Daring"

 
I have to say that it took me some time to reflect on what picture I could use for this challenge and unfortunatly, I can't say that I had a one that fit perfectly for this challenge, luckily they also stated that we could try something different as a tecnique on our page so I opted for that part of the challenge.
 
The picture I used is one of my husband during our Catamaran cruise in Cuba. He's owned his own 18 feet Catamaran in the past and he loved the speed and hight he could get, so of course lounging on this huge one is nothing exciting for him, but it was the first time our boys got the chance to go out on such a boat.
 

So what did I dare to do on this page you might ask? Well, I did an embossing technique thru a stencil. It's nothing innovative, that I know, but I've never done it before. My embossing pads are quite big, and I never felt I could truly control where I was applying the ink, so I never dared to try it before.

I fell in love with this embossing powder that a friend Bellacropper used during a crop. I just had to get it. The 13@rts paper was just perfect because it is giving a tone on tone effect, so it's ok if my embossing isn't perfect. Also it has sparkles inside, something I typically would not use on a man's page.

Here is a closer look at the product by Stampendous, it's almost impossible to get the details in the embossing, but it has a great mixture of white, blue, beige enamel with blue sparkles, just stunning.


I also used some of my favorite Pretty Little Studios stickers, I just Love them. The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, the chipboard are from Creative Embelishments.


Last but not least, one of my favorites badges from Cuts2Luv the world map. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it.


Here is the 13@rts inspiration board:
And you can find the challenge : 13artspl.blogspot.ca/2016/07/challenge-44-dare-to-be-daring.html



I hope you like my take on the challenge, Thanks for stopping by !
 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Que c'est beau toute en délicatesse. Merci beaucoup de ta belle participation chez 13@rts.

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

What a fabulous page with a great story behind it! Thank you for joining us over at 13Arts for our "Dare to be Daring" challenge no 44 xx

France Ringuette said...

Thanks Fiona you are too sweet !

France Ringuette said...

Merci beaucoup Maryse xxx

France Ringuette said...

Merci beaucoup Maryse xxx