2/08/2016

Ukraine with Frau Muller

Ukraine, aplace that I have never been but I know is the host of many wonderful Mix-Media artists including :
 
Frau Muller (Natalia) her blog : http://fraumuller.blogspot.ca/
 
I've seen her work before on the 7 dots studio website, she is one of my favorites in the design team.
 
The challenge was to create a background using many layers of medium and also many layers of paper behind our picture.
 
Here is my take on the challenge using another picture from our family vacation in Riviera Maya in 2013:
 
 
 
So for this challenge I decided that I was making my background paper from scratch. Here are a few pictures to show my process:
 
I started with white cardstock and added a layer of light medium thru a text stencil:

 
Then I started playing with my paints combining the, with Liquid Glazing medium:

 
I found that the 13 Arts paint is REALLY REALLY pigmented so I should have used more medium with it, It just would not come off with the baby wipes as normal acrylique paint would... so it was one of this OH WELL moments, let's deal with it and move on...

 
Oh yes... VERY VERY pigmented paint that just does not want to come off my fingers. Gotta love that Mix-Media manicure:

 
Then I added the 2nd stencil with Finnabair white crackle paint thru a heart stencil:
 
 
To my surprise when this was drying, the hearts were turning blue... did I mention that the paint was very pigmented? LOL
 
Then I just added some of the beige paint on with my fingers to create more momentum in the background with touches of the blue paint on certain ares to give the page more debth.
 
And then you just add the ornaments a litlle splatter of ink here and there, some stamping and you are done....
 
On my page you will find Cuts2luv badges, Creative Embelishments frame & title die-cuts, Prima flowers and I was ready to go...
 
Here is one of her pages that I really loved...
 
 
Thanks for the inspiration Scrap aux Puce Design Team & Frau Muller...
 
Hugs & Kisses
 
Photobucket

No comments: