2/03/2016

Switzerland with Wilma Voermans

With the Scrap aux puce Design Team, we are virtually traveling around the globe to discover new artist and getting inspiration from the work that they do.
 
The next trip is to Switzerland, I've been lucky to visit there a few times, just love that place and the people are just fantastic.
 
Wilma Voermans is a designer for Blue Fern Studios, Scrap of darkness, 7 dots studio, Deco Art et Limor Webber.
Her blog: http://swissdutchy8.blogspot.ca
 
The challenge by my friend Marie-France was to have 75% black ornaments (paint, flowers, die-cuts etc.) and all this without using a black background.
 
I just got new glasses and made this cute Selfie, so I thought it would make a great starting point. I have to say that it was a challenge to balance out... Sometimes the ornaments were not standing out correctly, but I do really like the end result. The paper is from Prima and already had the stamped image look it was perfect for the starting point.
 
 
Here is another view of my orenements, you'll see the Cuts2Luv badge and the hand made paper flower using Tim Hotlz die, the black doily and I had theses glasses ornament that I painted to match the color of my new glasses:

 
On the other side, another Cuts2Luv badge, added a touch of grey and to balance out the glasses, I added this speach bubble in the same shade:

 
Here is one of Wilma's pieces:
 
 
She is certainly full of inspiration and I will certainly be looking out for more of her work.
 
Wishing you a great day !
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Your work is amazing! You're so talented!